In a later update, she was also seen attending the ceremony of the Queen as she accepted her duties as ruler of the three worlds.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Mori has pale skin, dark orange eyes, straight gray hair with two locks that stick up towards the top, freckles, silk moth wings, and a yellow halo split into vertical lines. She wears a brown high-necked shawl over a gray dress, toeless brown leggings, and brown wristbands.
When she was younger, her halo, while intact, resembled a squiggly line.
It is unknown where her birthmark is.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- Mori is Latin for 'death'
- It could be a reference to the phrase "memento mori," meaning 'remember that you must die'
- It could also refer to the superstition that moths were either harbringers of death or the souls of the departed given new form.
- Like all winged, Mori takes her surname from the constellation she was born from, in this case Mensa, the table mountain.
Observations[edit | edit source]
- In the panel where she was shown, her wings and halo are blue rather than yellow. It is most likely an error, seeing as Alpha Mensae -- the brightest star in the constellation -- is a yellow-orange giant.